I am ecstatic to have her visit The Book Tart. She’s a darling and a fan of Firefly (which makes me love her more!)
The Queen of Tarts
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Me: Nina! Come on in hon! Take a seat and relax for a bit on my cozy virtual couch. *sigh* It’s very soft and perfect for chatting and reading and lounging. Oh! Can I get you anything? Coffee? Tea? Soda? Something celebratory? 😀
Nina: A glass of red wine would be nice, thank you.
Me: *hands Nina her drink and sinks into the cushions* Oh! I almost forgot! Help yourself to some Girl Scout cookies! Seriously, you would be doing me a favor. *munches a Samoa* Tell me about your newest release Bittersweet Blood. It’s the first in a new series right?
Nina: Yes, Bittersweet Blood is book one in my series: The Order.
The series is a blend of paranormal romance and urban fantasy and follows the activities, romantic and otherwise, of The Order of the Shadow Accords, the organization that polices the supernatural world. Mainly, they ensure that the periodic wars between demons and fae don’t get out of hand and end up destroying the Earth and mankind.
The Order is run by vampires, but they employ a whole range of other supernatural creatures, werewolves, witches…
Here’s the blurb for Bittersweet Blood:
Me: Well, I love paranormal romance and vampires and fantasy oh my! And I LOVED Bittersweet Blood!
What’s can we look forward to next? *whispers sequel, sequel, sequel*
Nina: Book two in the series, Bittersweet Magic, releases next month and it’s probably my favorite of my books to date, and Book three, Bittersweet Darkness, is due out in August this year.
Me: Yay! Yay! Yay! *Snoopy dance*
Ok darling. It’s time for a the rapid fire question portion of this playdate. The fate of the world and everything *bursts out laughing* ok, ok…. Just the fate of my curiosity depends on your answers. I am a Kat you know. 😉
The Book Tart Quickie
- What’s the highest you’ve ever jumped into the water from? About 15m off a rope bridge into a river on the island of Sumatra.
- Have you ever been the recipient of a practical joke? Loads of times. Sadly I’m very gullible. I remember one particular one, which involved a boat, a bridge and me ending up stranded on the wrong side of the river.
- Who was the last person to send you a text message? My husband.
- What’s your favorite Sci-fi film/program etc? That’s so hard, but probably Firefly and Serenity. Oh! I love you! My fav too. Can’t Stop The Signal 😉
- What’s the cleverest word you know? Gargantuan – I love that word! ooo! Me too 😀
- What are cooler? Dinosaurs or Dragons? Easy – Dragons.
- Have you ever ridden a tractor? Yes – in Africa. Our land Rover got stuck and we had to pull it out with a tractor – I drove. Nice!
- Have you ever licked a battery? Yes – my hair is still standing on end!
- Who’s your favorite movie action hero? Another hard one, but I’ll go with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.
- What’s the worst pickup line you’ve heard? Okay, so I cheated here and looked some up (Hey I’ve been out of circulation for a long time!) – this one would definitely (not) work for me “how about you sit on my lap and we’ll talk about the first thing that pops up” *snort* Yep! That would NOT work lol
Me: Thank you so much for hanging out with me at The Book Tart! Come back and play again k?
Nina: Thanks for having me! And if anyone would like a chance to win an ecopy of Bittersweet Blood, then just comment and answer one of Kat’s quickie questions!
Me: Oh! Wow! Thanks hon 😀
(ya’ll want this book! So answer a silly question and one of you will get lucky :P)