I am so so over the moon to have J.A. Huss visiting The Book Tart again. It’s been too long since she camped out on my couch and I luvs her to the muchness so I can’t let her stay away so long again. She became one of my fav authors when I fell in love with her Junco science fiction series… but I was a little nervous about trying her new adult book Tragic. I shouldn’t have doubted *head/desk* now I’m addicted to another series. Gahhhh! Click HERE for my review.
Enjoy our silly and have handful of jelly beans.
The Queen of Tarts
Me: Julie Julie Julie! Yay! Come on in hon. I’m so happy to grab you for a short chat on my short couch… Love seats are cozy. 😉 And we are closer to the snacks. I think you need some sugar… And I always have room for sweets. *grabs a handful of m&ms* chocolate is good for you. *nods* What’s your fav snack?
Julie: OMG, I haven’t been here in SOOOOO long! I LOVE what you’ve done to the place! Favorite snack? Must one choose? That must be a new rule… hmmm, well, I’m off the Milk Duds, lost a crown over that one, and I’m on to gumballs. I’m considering a gumball machine in my office, actually.
Me: A gumball machine? I approve! I have a jelly bean machine. Makes mouths happy. Wait. That’s Twizzlers isn’t it. Now I want licorice.
So I’ve told you before…but it bears repeating. You are amazing! (and crazy! 😛 ) Three stories out already in 2013 and two more coming in the next few months…. I adore you to the muchness! I don’t know how you do it but I am so happy that I get lotsa your stories. Cause I’m rather addicted.
Julie: Well, I do put a little addictive magic in my words, so it might be a chemical reaction in the brain that can’t be helped. But anywho, thanks a bunch!
Me: *bops sneaky author with pillow* you! I knew it! 😀
What can you tell me about your new books and where you got your Hermione time turner necklace. 😀 Oh! and what you’re working on now? *bites head off green Sour Patch kid* yum! And how well do you do with run on questions?
Julie: Did you see that Hermione is selling those time turner necklaces on EBay? I swear! I got two, which explains the whole multi-book publishing thing. Well, this book is called TRAGIC, and it is a bit tragic, but really it’s a falling in love story between two very different people. It has sweet moments, but lots of naughty moments too! 😉 We like the naughty ones best. (I adore sentences that run on without commas, they’re my favorites!) I just finished two more books, a stand-alone sweet romance and the sequel to TRAGIC, which will release on August 1.
Me: I am so excited about Manic!
I’m not going to keep you too long cause I want you to write more. *whispers* Junco- Junco But I am always curious or rather… nosy. So darlin’ Here’s my… *drumroll*
Julie: (And just FYI, I started Junco yesterday. Lucan killed someone very important. It was so much fun!)
Me: *Snoopy Dance!* woohoo! Yay! and Meep! Lucan? You are such a tease. 😀 I love it…
1. What was your last dream about? I think I’m the only person who doesn’t dream. I never ever remember my dreams. But – just for you, I’m gonna say… hot fireman guy. ***snicker***
*snort* I like military men better now… but I wouldn’t say no to a fireman. 😛
2. Are you a good cook? Yes! I’m a good baker, too!
oohh! I want cupcakes!
3. Have you ever been canoeing/kayaking? Yes, at summer camp when I was twelve.
4. How long could you go without talking? Talking to other real people? Or talking to myself and/or fictional characters? 😛 A long time, I’m a social recluse.
lol Twitter totally counts 😀
5. What’s your favorite TV jingle? “Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner, then everyone would be in love with me….”
6. What do you have on your fridge door? Nothing, it’s stainless steel and you can’t use magnets. But, on the side, which is not stainless, I have a picture of my daughter riding a donkey/zebra in Mexico when she was like three. She has on a giant sombrero that says “Batman”.
rotflol Batman! that’s awesomsauce
7. Who was the last person to send you a text message?? My ex. I asked him for $1000 and he said yes and then we chatted about my book.
8. Do you sing to yourself? Yes! Always!
Yay! Me too
9. What’s the worst pickup line you’ve heard? Was your dad a farmer? Cause you sure have great melons. (my dad was not a farmer, for the record)
bwahahaha! Yep. It’s beyond official. I love you.
Me: Thanks for humoring my silliness hon. I am ecstatic that you have a few book birthdays coming up too cause that means more playdates on my virtual couch! *Kermit flail*
Julie: Coming to see you is always a blast! Muah!