Meep! My internet went down last night and I’m never ahead with my posts. 😛 But better late then never, cause Jenna Ives rocks! I’m excited to share my chat with her about her new science fiction-y erotic romance Programmed For Pleasure. I love the cover! It’s very Gattaca and futuristic. 😀 You can win it too! Just answer the question at the bottom of the post.
The Queen of Tarts
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Me: Welcome Jenna to Tartlandia! <g> come on in to my humble library and get cozy on my virtual couch. *nods* Every queen needs a library. *looks around a bit despairing* I need more shelves! How’s your shelf situation? Do you know a handy man… who’s single and available who builds shelves too? *wide eyed*
Jenna: Um, my husband is very good with his…hands…but he’s not available. (Well, he IS available, but only to ME.) Sorry!
Me: *collapses on couch laughing* All the good ones! 😉 Oh! Help yourself to a snack… I’m a candy fiend. M&Ms, Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish… If you have a fav I’ll get my royal minions to bring it up 😀
Jenna: I love anything with dark chocolate… especially dark chocolate-covered cherries! Talk about an aphrodisiac!!
Me: 😯 Really? I adore cherries and dark, chocolate. I’ll have the kitchen bring some!
Soooo I’m a bit of a nerd and I love sci-fi and fantasy stories. I’m so intrigued by your new book Programmed For Pleasure! Gorgeous cover by the way! It definitely got my attention and I can’t wait to read it! 😀 Can you tell me what sparked the idea for Jai and Marque’s adventure? And sex bots! <g> Tell me more. *pops a handful of M&Ms in my mouth*
Jenna: My erotic romance Programmed For Pleasure started with one of those “what if” questions. What if in some future world, prostitutes are robots (female AND male), programmed for pleasure? From there it was fun to brainstorm on a setup for my story, which goes like this…
Are you working on any other fantasy storylines or fairytales? Well… a better question is what’s next for Jenna?
Jenna: Well, if you like fairytales with an erotic twist, you’d like Snow White And Her Seven Lovers, my modern-day take on the classic story! It’s one of my bestsellers, LOL!!
Me:I do like fairytales! I’ll check it out. 😀
Are you a Joss Whedon Fan? Do you know how to rollerskate? Have you ever ridden a horse? What’s your
favorite time of the year? *gasps for breath* ok… you can talk now 😛
Jenna: I loved Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but then I’m a big vampire fan (I’m definitely Team Edward). I don’t ride horses, but I love to watch Polo – there’s nothing sexier than a man with 2,000 pounds of powerful horseflesh between his legs, LOL! My favorite time of year is Spring – the new year always seems full of possibilities as we come out of Winter…
Me: You did great! I think you can handle the rest of the silly….
How could you compare writing to skipping rope?
Jenna: Writing a book also takes a lot of coordination – you’re jugging characters, plot, conflict, relationships, etc.
Me: *bounces on couch* ooooo good one!
I just made up a word taxisknut please make up a definition and use the word in a sentence. 😛
Jenna: Outraged Scandinavians are taking to the streets, chanting “Taxisknut” to protest the possibility of income taxes…
Me: *chants* Taxisknut! Taxisknut! Taxisknut! lol
If you had to choose between writing while wearing a hot dog costume or a plate on your head, which would you pick and how would it help or hinder your writing process? *evil grin*
Jenna: I’d definitely go for the plate on my head, because it would make me concentrate, and focusing always helps in my writing!
It’s time for The Book Tart Quickie
- Do you sing in the car?: Yes. I’m a big fan of rock music. The louder the better!
- Have you ever sleepwalked? No, but I have a good friend who does. When she visits me for a weekend, I always lock my bedroom door!
- Favorite lipgloss/lipstick?: Revlon Iced Coffee lipstick.
- What do you have on your fridge door?: A magnet that says “Living with an Englishman is my cup of tea.” Yes, my husband is English!
- Can you curl your tounge?: I just tried. Nope!
- What’s the last movie you watched at a theatre?: Lincoln. Daniel Day-Lewis definitely deserved to win that Oscar.
- Have you ever written a love letter? : All the time! My hubby travels a lot for business, and I always try to leave a secret note in his suitcase for him to find 🙂 awwww! love that!
- Have you ever weilded a sword? Um, no. Unless you count the epee in my fencing class in college.
- Do you have any secret family recipes? No secret family ones, but you should check out my decadent recipe for chocolate pizza in Snow White And Her Seven Lovers – to die for!!!
- Last book you read? The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. If it’s true that your wishes can come true just by visualization, then right now I’m visualizing all your reader will buy a copy of Programmed For Pleasure, LOL!
Me: Yay! Jenna! This was fun! Thank you so much for hanging out with me at The Book Tart! Come back again k?
Jenna: Thanks so much for having me here today, Kat! I’d love to offer your readers a chance to win a free e-copy of Programmed For Pleasure by answering a question about the story (put the answer in the Comments section): What color are my heroine Jai Turner’s eyes? You can find the answer here: http://www.jennaives.com/programmedexcerpt.html.
Me: Oh! Thank you! 😀
ok guys, go forth and enter! *points down*
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥