Welcome to the Bad Boys Vs. Good Boys Blog event hosted by:
Taryn of My Secret Romance, Dawn of Day Dreaming Book Reviews,
Autumn of The Autumn Review and Kat of The Book Tart.
I adore Amy Lane! She’s funny and snarky and one of the most generous people I know. I have been a fan of hers since I read her first books in the Little Goddess series back in 2009.(Amy? Write more!) Also, she was my second interview ever here at The Book Tart!
I am so happy to have her hanging out on the first day of our BBVsGB event with her yummy Bad Boy Dorjan from Under The Rushes. Dorjan’s love Taern is being interviewed over at My Secret Romance today too Click HERE to see . 😀 I LOVE these boys and hope you do too.
Oh! Amy’s is giving two prizes! *points down* An ebook of Under The Rushes in Prize Pack 1 and an ebook or Under The Rushes + SWAG in Prize Pack 2. 😀 Make sure you vote on your fav boys every day for more chances to win.
PS. Don’t forget to check out my second guest today, Tina Reber! Click HERE
Visit each blog host and vote on your favorite
Bad Boy or Good Boy to enter for the amazing prize packs!
The 7 prize descriptions are at the bottom of the post
Amy Lane HERE!
Tina Reber HERE!
Amy Lane will be on My Secret Romance
Jessica E. Subject will be on My Secret Romance
Karen Stivali will be on Daydrmzzz Blog
Kendall Grey will be on Daydrmzzz Blog
Jenn Sterling will be on The Autumn Review
Karen Booth will be on The Autumn Review
♥ Character Interview♥
1 Name and which book you’re from. Are you good or bad?
I’m Dorjan from Under the Rushes, and I’m bad.
2. It’s Valentine’s Day. What kind of night do you have planned for your special friend? We’re going out on the streets of Thenis to fight evil, which is one of the reasons I’m bad. I’m just dragging him out there, allowing him to put his life on the line because I’m not wily enough to lock him in a box to keep him safe.
3. If you could wield cupids bow and arrow, who would you shoot and why? I would shoot my best friend Areau, because I think love might cure the terrible pain of addiction and heartbreak that’s been twisting us for the past ten years.
4. Whisper sweet nothings in my ear telling me what you will do to me on Valentine’s. *blushes * Why, I think I already mentioned the destruction, mayhem, and violence?
5. While us ladies love to be wined, dined, and *clears throat* loved on Valentine’s… What is it you men want most on Valentine’s? I wish for my province to be liberated from the grasp of an evil tyrant who has ruined my life.
6. Give me your sweetest/dirtiest twitter message (140 characters)
Taern—put away the scented oil and put on your armor. I don’t want you to get hurt.
7. What do you look for in a woman?
Her ability to match me up with a suitable man.
Lightening Speed questions
Blonde’s, Redhead’s, or Brunettes? Brunettes
Boxer’s or Briefs? All over knit underalls.
Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla?
Soft and Sweet or Up Against the Wall? Up Against the Wall
Rain or Snow? Snow
Cabin or Beach Villa? Small room in large mansion.
I once loved a hooker named Taern
My nethers would flutter with just one stare.
He followed me home,
Wouldn’t allow me to roam
Without his sweet hand to my care.
I said “Boy, we can take this no farther!
Unless you’re outfitted in armor!”
He said, “Fine, plate my knickers!
But while you protect me from kickers,
Don’t forget what the thing inside’s used for!”
I said “I alone am off to save my province!”
He said, “Dorjan, that’s a big load of bollux!
You’ve nothing to atone,
You shouldn’t do it alone,
So shut up and take help just this once!”
So now I can’t live without Taern,
And since there’s nothing that he wouldn’t dare
To be at my side
Sharing battles, sharing lives,
I must finally admit that I care.
Under The Rushes
Copyright © Amy Lane
WHEN the bell rang for supper two spans later, Dorjan left his study and went upstairs to change.
The boy was lying there in his great ebony four-post bed, naked under the covers, waiting cheekily with his hands behind his head for Dorjan to come in.
Dorjan gaped at him for a moment and then shook his head. “I don’t have time for this,” he muttered and went to his armoire for the black wool smallclothes and a new overtunic that he wore with his armor.
It was the boy’s turn to gape. “You don’t have time for this?” he asked, and it was almost worth the headache he’d just caused Dorjan to hear him flounder for words. “I’m likely the only man to come to your bed happy for years!”
“Try ever!” Dorjan snapped, too out of patience to be tactful, and he hated the way the boy’s eyes widened with pity. “But I need to leave on the half hour, or my entire strategy for this evening will be for naught!”
Taern blinked at that and looked twice at the black smallclothes that Dorjan was putting on. “No,” he said with authority, sitting up in bed. The sheets and comforter slid down, revealing a smooth chest, pale but defined, and Dorjan had to force himself not to take a moment to look appreciatively.
“You’re not even supposed to be here,” Dorjan said after allowing himself a sideways glance. “You certainly don’t get to tell me what to do!”
“Where else am I supposed to serve out that contract you bought?” Taern replied tartly. “And I’m telling you what to do because you shouldn’t do it! Not for your health, not for your household—let Thenis save itself tonight!”
“You’re supposed to serve it out getting a stellar education with your sisters at Dre’s keep!” Dorjan snapped, going to his armoire without looking, which he felt was some accomplishment.
“I’ll send them a letter, I’ve things to do here!” Taern returned, and Dorjan was forced to glance up from the layers of suits and Forum robes in order to glare.
“I hadn’t thought you were cruel,” he said darkly, and to his credit, Taern looked away in something like shame.
“I’ll meet them,” he said stubbornly, “but not now.”
Release date: Dec. 21, 2012 |
ISBN: 162380244X |
ISBN-13: 9781623802448 |
Format: Paperback and ebook
Ten years after Dorjan trusted a boy’s word over his superior officer’s, he and his best friend, Areau, are still living the aftermath-and trying to stop the man responsible. Locked in a careful dance to bring down a corrupt government, Dorjan struggles to balance his grief with Areau’s anger. Just when Dorjan reaches the end of his rope, he sees a familiar face in the shadows, and the boy he trusted a decade before offers him unexpected kindness. Taern remembers the soldier who found him under the rushes and listened to his pleas to save his family. When Dorjan reappears in his life, Taern is both captured by his commitment to justice and terrified by the risks he takes. All Taern wants to do is fix him, but the oncoming destruction has been ten years in the making, and Dorjan doesn’t want his help. Not if it puts Taern at risk. Powers clash and a world’s fate dangles between Areau’s madness and Dorjan’s nobility. While Dorjan fights to save the world, Taern joins the battle simply to save Dorjan, knowing everything hinges on the heart of a man in armor and the strength of the man who loves him.
Meet Amy Lane
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail until her head swells and she can no longer leave the house.
Stalk Follow her
- $40 (USD) electronic gift card for winners choice Amazon or B&N from My Secret Romance, DayDrmzzz Blog, The Autumn Review and The Book Tart
PRIZE PACK 1
- From Karen Booth Ebook backlist title:
- From Kendall Grey Ebook of novella Vexxed:
- From Amy Lane Ebook of Under The Rushes:
- From Jessica E. Subject Ebook of Accidental Romance:
- From Jess Dee Ebook of A Touch Of Confidence:
- From A.M. Griffin $10 Amazon.com gift card:
- From Cassie Alexander Autographed copies of Nightshifted and Moonshifted
- From Taryn Elliott: Ebook of Ashes and Wine
US ONLY PRIZE PACK 2 :
- From Amy Lane ebook of Under The Rushes and Swag:
- From Angel Payne Ebook of Star of Wonder + WILD Boys dog tags and swag:
- From M. Leighton Signed copy of Down To You + swag:
- From Tracey Garvis-Graves signed paperback of On The Island + bookmark
PRIZE PACK 3
- From Courtney Cole kindle/nook copy of If You Stay:
- From Lexxie Couper Ebook of Muscle For Hire:
- From Leah Braemel Ebook of Hidden Heat or backlist title:
- From Michelle A. Valentine ebook set of Rock The Heart and Rock The Band:
- From Cassandra Carr ebook from her backlist:
- From Tara Lain ebook from her Balls To The Walls series:
- From Lucy Felthouse ebook from her backlist titles:
- From Lila Dubois winner’s choice of 1 book from the first three in her Monster’s In Hollywood titles:
- Karen Stivali 1 ebook from backlist titles
US ONLY PRIZE PACK 4:
- From Louisa Baccio 4oz See’s Valentine Candy + ebook of any backlist title:
- Beth Ciotta ARC of The Trouble With Love and Fool For Love book:
- From Cari Quinn SWAG Bag:
- From Raine Miller Bracelet + ebook set of All In and Naked:
- Carrie Ann Ryan: SWAG Pack
PRIZE PACK 5:
- From Cari Quinn Ebook from her backlist:
- From JA Huss Ebook of Clutch:
- From Tracey Sinclair Ebook of Dark Dates:
- From Lanie Jordan ebook of Breed of Innocence:
- From Red Tash Ebook of Troll or Derby:
- From JK Hogan ebook of Fire On The Island:
- From JB McGee Ebook set of Broken, Mending and Conspiring:
- From Tracy Ellen ebook or print (US only) of A Date With Fate:
- From Nicole Flockton ebook of Bound By Her Ring
- Assorted SWAG from Decadent (US only)
Contest open from February 10th-16th
Entries for the $40 gift cards may be earned by using the 1st rafflecopter and following the hosts on Twitter, Facebook and Goodreads etc.
Entries for the 6 prize packs can be earned by using the rafflecopter and leaving comments on the daily characters and telling us who is your favorite. You can get more entries by following one, some or all of the participating authors.
Winners will be chosen using the rafflecopter on Sunday February 17th and announced on the host blogs and via email to the winners. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Prize pack 2 and 4 are for US residence only.
Thank you to all of the Authors for sharing their Boys with us 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveawaya Rafflecopter giveaway